Menu

Novomatic invests in Icelandic gaming pioneer

Novomatic AG, one of the largest gaming technology companies in the world, has acquired a majority shareholding in Betware, an Icelandic gaming pioneer and leader in online gaming solutions for the lottery market.

Novomatic AG, one of the largest gaming technology companies in the world, has acquired a majority shareholding in Betware, an Icelandic gaming pioneer and leader in online gaming solutions for the lottery market.

The acquisition of Betware, by Novomatic AG, is one of the largest foreign investments in Iceland since 2008 and underlines the growth of the Icelandic creative industries and IT. Novomatic, which operates over 1,400 gaming facilities worldwide, is focusing on building a presence in the lottery industry in conjucture with Betware in Iceland. Novomatic holds 90% of the shares in Betware with the remaining 10% owned by the Betware management.

Get in touch

For further information on the benefits of establishing a business in Iceland please feel free to contact us.

Incentives

Iceland focuses on a favorable business environment, including low corporate tax, availability of land and green energy at competitive prices and efficiency within European legislative framework. New direct investment projects can apply for an investment agreement, ensuring generous regional incentives, including a corporate tax rate ceiling of only 15%.

Why Iceland

Along with having one of the lowest corporate tax rate in Europe, Iceland has a highly educated workforce which is ranked among the highest in the world, offers competitively priced renewable energy with an advanced infrastructure making Iceland an ideal location for investors