Iceland is the perfect location for your data center!
100% green & sustainable energy from reliable power sources at competitive prices mixed with a highly qualified workforce and attractive business incentives make Iceland an ideal location for world class data centers.
Visit Invest in Iceland's new dedicated Data Center website, outlining Iceland's value proposition for data centers.
Reasons to choose Iceland:
Highly skilled workforce
- Experienced, well-educated, hard working, skilled workforce offer world-class data centers in Iceland.
Engineering companies in Iceland
- Experience and qualification to service Level 1 and Level 2 types of data centers.
- The Icelandic energy grid gets 100% of its energy from geothermal and hydro resources, making it 100% renewable.
- The cold air means virtually free cooling all year round resulting in low cooling costs.
Supportive business environment
- Iceland's support for business offers a range of business incentives
As a member of the EEA agreement, Iceland is part of the inner European market and subject to European legislation, including:
- A comprehensive data protection act
- Tariff free access to the European Union
- Iceland is one of the safest countries in the world and at low risk regarding natural disasters, as research has confirmed. Its famous volcanic activity is confined to isolated zones and has had little or no impact on the production and transmission of electric power.
- See research confirming the minimal impact of natural disasters on business in Iceland.