A One Stop Information Center for Foreign Investors
Invest in Iceland is a one stop information center for foreign investors and provides information on investment opportunities in Iceland as well as the business environment. Invest in Iceland is a part of Promote Iceland.
Invest in Iceland's team provides free of charge information and expert confidential service on all aspects of investments, arranges site visits and contacts with local authorities as well as local business partners and professional consultants and works according to Icelandic law about Promote Iceland no. 38 from 2010.
Our services include the following:
- Provide information on investment opportunities in Iceland
- Collect data on the business environment
- Arrange site visits and plan contacts with local authorities
- Arrange meetings with local business partners and professional consultants
- Put pressure on government for amelioration of current legislation
- Influence legislative body
- Lobby for improved conditions for foreign investors
- Create task-forces around specific projects
- Invest in Iceland also runs the Film in Iceland Commission project
Operating licenses are required for businesses in certain sectors, for example manufacturing industries, and are granted on fulfilment of clearly defined rules.
Details of regulations, monitoring and inspection agencies, etc., vary from one sector to the next, and Invest in Iceland will assist in establishing contacts and offer guidance.
Broadly speaking, as a member of the European Economic Area, Iceland operates its regulatory environment on the same principles as the European Union.