Iceland offers this growing and exciting industry huge advantages for development and future production potential.
The beneficial factors in Iceland for algae culture include:
- Renewable geothermal energy
- Long term contracts and stable costs
- Strong potential for algae biomass production
Reasons to choose Iceland:
Green renewable energy at competitive rates
- Iceland’s renewable geothermal energy, with its competitive rates, offers the algae culture industry a great environment for a future micro algae production centre.
Long-term energy contracts and stability in production costs
- Iceland's ability to offer long-term energy contracts provides valuable stability for production costs.
- Further benefits include stable grid connections and reliable delivery rates.
Exciting future potential
- Algae culture is an industry with incredible development potential.
- Iceland offers the ideal setting to advance this potential in a whole range of areas, such as biofuel.
- Iceland was named as a premier location for algae biomass production at the 2013 European Algae Biomass Conference because of the country’s renewable energy resources and logistic potential.
- Algalif AS is investing in micro algae production in Iceland, focusing on high-quality natural Astaxanthin.
- An investment agreement has been signed between Iceland‘s Minister of Industries and Innovation and Algalif.