Opportunities in the tourism industry in Iceland have never been better
With strong political and business support, public-private partnerships and ever- growing numbers of visitors to the country, tourism in Iceland is a true area of growth. The advantages that Iceland offers the sector are largely based on:
- Location: midway between Europe and USA
- Nature: breathtaking nature is the most popular attraction to visitors
- Cultural identity: a distinct history and culture
The role of these factors in increasing Iceland's attraction to tourists ensure long-term opportunities in areas such as travel, accommodation and excursions.
Reasons to choose Iceland:
A perfect location with excellent transport links
- Iceland's location at the midway point between Europe and the USA makes it widely accessible to tourists and visitors.
- Ever-improving international and domestic transport links increase the associated opportunities for tourist ventures.
A natural landscape that attracts the world
- Iceland's natural treasures are world famous and accessible through a variety of short and longer trips.
- The international interests in the country's natural assets offer ever-increasing opportunities for the tourism industry, from accommodation to excursion packages.
Rich history and culture
- Iceland's historical heritage is among its most attractive assets to visitors.
- This also applies to the country's cultural identity, from the Viking Sagas to the vibrant artistic and musical scene of today.
- Tourist experiences focused on these attractions create a wide range of possibilities for tourist-based businesses.
Safe, independent and family friendly
- Iceland has a distinct personality as a destination that isn't compromised by mass tourism.
- The low crime rate, lack of overcrowding and hospitality create a strong and attractive identity for tourists.
A variety of business and economic advantages
- Public private partnerships, and strong interest in developing tourist sites, create an excellent environment for investment in a rapidly increasing sector.
- Favourable exchange rates and government support strengthen the opportunities for the industry.
A wide range of opportunities and untapped potential
- From a need for high-end hotels to increasing Iceland's image as a destination outside of high season, the possibilities for the tourist industry remain ever evolving.